Saturday, June 13, 2009

Why Is everyone Carrying a Gun?

This is the question a police officer asked me after I was pulled over for speeding on my bike (I got a warning, and I was only keeping up with heavy traffic).

I have a Carry Permit here in Texas and was asked this because the Cop said every biker he pulled over today was carrying a gun. I smiled and said I don't know, I just always carry mine.

My smart question to him would have been, Why not? Every year thousands and thousands of bikers come to Austin for the ROT Rally. There is always a couple deaths from bike accidents (lots involve drinking and driving) but there is hardly any violence. I wonder why that is when everyone carries a gun? Common sense? Bikers are good people? or the obvious to me, no one wants to rob someone with a gun.

There was a survey done to inmates a while back, I think in California about what they were most afraid of when committing a crime. The vast majority said the victim having a gun. They aren't afraid of the Cops, or System, just the armed citizen. I hope they fear that forever.

Be one of the people the criminals fear! Maybe with a gun, maybe not. Learn how to defend yourself. If everyone started defending themselves when attacked, there would be nothing to be gained by criminals. LEARN HOW TO DEFEND YOURSELF, don't be a victim, let the criminals fear the good people of this world.

Stay Safe,

Ben

PS Want to read more go to ModernSelfProtection.com and click on blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment